HOW TO PREPARE EWEDU SOUP
Ewedu soup is a special delicacy prepared by the people or by the Yoruba ethnic group. Ewedu soup is one of their favourite soups and will forever remain one of the most popular prepared Nigerian soups peculiar amongst the Yoruba ethnic group. Ewedu leave is also known as jute or molakhia leaves.
USEFULNESS OF EWEDU
- Ewedu is a highly nutritious leave and it help to gain or to lose weight.
- Ewedu leaves helps to serve so many purposes.
- Ewedu leaves aids or helps to boost immunity in the human body.
- It also helps to nourish the body system.
- Ewedu leaves also helps to solve stomach problems such as dysentery and constipation.
- Ewedu also helps to increase the production of collagen which helps in making the skin firm and smooth.
- Ewedu aids good sight.
- Ewedu has a high amount of calcium content for healthy bones in the teeth.
- It boosts the immune system and nourishes the body.
- It has properties that keep the skin smooth.
- It helps to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Ewedu is good for heart health and helps to cure diabetes.
- Ewedu helps to purify the blood.
- Ewedu helps to improve eyesight.
- It also aids easy delivery in pregnant women.
- It controls infection like gonorrhoea.
ALSO READ: HOW TO PREPARE NIGERIA BLACK SOUP
INGREDIENTS FOR THE PREPARATION OF EWEDU SOUP
While preparing Ewedu soup, there are various ingredients needed for the preparation. These ingredients include;
- Ewedu leaves
- One teaspoon of potash
- One teaspoon of locust beans
- One bouillon cube
- Salt to taste
Pluck your Ewedu leaves properly, after plucking your Ewedu leaves, wash and rinse the plucked Ewedu leaves till they are clean.
Pour water into a pot and heat it, add the Ewedu leaves and boil for 2 minutes, add your locust beans, let it boil for about 8-10 minutes.
ALSO READ: HOW TO PREPARE WHITE SOUP
If you are making use of a broom, use the broom to pound the leaves .if you are making use of blender, put off the heat and leave it to cool for a while. Add the Ewedu and locust bean (iru) into a blender and add a little quantity of water
Using the pause function, pause a few times till you get a satisfying Ewedu.
Put the Ewedu back into the pan and add the crayfish, bouillon cube and salt to taste. Turn off the heat and let it simmer with the residual heat for 3 minutes.
ALSO READ: HOW TO PREPARE VEGETABLE SOUP
Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Do not cook the Ewedu for too long or else it will go brown. After that Your Ewedu soup is ready to be served.
This delicious soup can be served with Amala, Semo, Eba, wheat and many more. This meal is commonly served in a typical Yoruba party in Nigeria. The mean is best to try out when you pay a visit to any western state in Nigeria.
ALSO READ: How to Prepare Egusi Soup