HOW TO PREPARE WHITE SOUP
Ofe Nnsala soup is another name for “white soup”. It is one of the fastest and easy foods to prepare that is common to the Nnsala people of rivers state. This meal is delicious. This meal is common to people from the eastern part of Nigeria. However, in their word “if you haven’t had this meal, you are missing a whole lot”. Indeed this is true because for a fact this meal is one meal anyone shouldn’t miss. White soup is a perfect suit for raining season because it is spicy. Hence, if you have had the meal before and love to prepare it or you haven’t eaten it but were captured by the looks or rumor of how amazing this delicacy is, here are ways/steps to prepare the meal as well as all necessary recipes for the meal.
- Cat fishes/ stock fish/ beef
- Raw white yam or potatoes puree
- Pepper ( chilling pepper)
- Crayfish (blended crayfish)
- Utazi leaves (flavor)
- Seasoning cubes ( maggi star or knor)
- Ogiri ( native seasoning)
PRE COOKING STEPS TO CARRY OUT
First thing you need to do before carrying out any cooking process is to be sure all your ingredients are neatly available. Wash all necessary and dice all you need to cut down before starting any process. However these are some of the things to do before going into the cooking process;
- Cut your cat fish in to favorable sizes, wash thoroughly with hot water, and remove all the necessary dirt. After some minutes of pouring hot water in a bowl of catfish, wash with cold water to reduce the saliva. If this is properly done, you can keep aside
- Boil some piece of yam. Allow yam become soft then pound. When you have carried out this process well, you can also set it aside for cooking
- It is time to blend the utazi in a mixture containing crayfish and pepper. Utazi is generally known by Nigerians to give flavor to meal although it is bitter. When you have concluded with the mixing, you can move on to the cooking process.
STEPS TO PREPARE
Step1. Put you beef, catfish, stockfish into a pot, add water and seasoning cubes and leave to cook for as long as you are satisfied the beef is ready. It is wise to say that the major necessity or what complements the Nnsala soup is the presence of cat fish. Cat fish gives the Nnsala taste and look. Before any other ingredient (beef/stock fish) gets into the pot, your cat fish must be made available.
Step2. While the beef in step one is half way through, add other ingredients like crayfish, utazi, pepper, pounded yam and salt to give it a sweet taste.
Step3. If you are satisfied with step 2, you can proceed to allowing the content in the pot heat up for sometime till the yam dissolves. Note, if you consider the soup too thick, you can remove a portion of the yam to give it a lighter look. Then leave for a while to heat up. Behold your delicious meal of Nnsala is ready to be served.
This delicious meal called white soup can be served with pounded yam, semolina, garri and more. It is indeed something to try. The meal is easy and fast to prepare. Therefore, if you know how to prepare this meal, it a good thing. The meal is a sharp me any woman can just prepare sharply when cases you don’t plan for occur.