An Overview of Insomnia
Insomnia is a medical name for sleep disorder. The medical disorder is not something easy to experience. Sleep disorder can be caused by so many things. This disorder has so many symptoms and some of the symptoms are;
- Sleep dis order
- Short night rest.
- Waking up very early
- Tiredness in the morning
- Patients feel irritated easily
- Having memory imbalance and lack of concentration.
Types of Insomnia
There two major types of insomnia.
Primary insomnia: Primary insomnia means having a sleeping disorder that is not because of a health condition.
Secondary insomnia: Secondary insomnia is that kind of sleeping disorder that is associated to some other kind of illness or sickness such as asthma, caused by a medication and many more.
Acute vs. Chronic Insomnia
The difference between acute and chronic Insomnia is the longevity of the disorder. Acute usually last for a very short period of a day but chronic Insomnia has the tendency of taking longer time of 1week -months.
Causes of Insomnia
Causes of Insomnia can be broken down into two categories; the acute cause and the chronic cause.
The acute causes of Insomnia are;
- Can be associated to another kind of sickness
- Emotional/mental in balance
- So basic Environmental factors like temperature
- Job preferences: shift jobs
Causes of chronic insomnia are:
- Pain caused by medication
- Sleep interference
Treatment for Insomnia
Treatment is based on if the sleep disorder is acute or chronic.
Acute Insomnia may desire a milder approach than that chronic Insomnia. When having a sleeping disorder that is not associated to another kind of illness, the best way to treat it is by engaging in healthy sleep practices or relaxation. Although, either chronic or acute, if the disorder is threatening, your physician or doctor may prescribe some drugs with no or little side effects.
Chronic insomnia can be treated if patient will have to first resolve the other illness the patient has before concentrating on curing the disorder. If the disorder continues, patients are advised to see a doctor for more on how to cure. Chronic Insomnia can be cure if patient learn to practice a health sleeping pattern.
However there are other remedies steps below you can engage in to cure chronic Insomnia. These are
- Sleep & wake up early. If you cannot sleep and early, sleep at the time you desire and try to wake up same time.
- Try to avoid using phone for a long time to make sleeping easy and fast.
- Avoid the use of nicotine, alcohol and caffeine because they interfere with your sleep, and prolong your sleep.
- Exercise more at night.
- Eat light food before going to bed.
- Make your room very cosy for sleeping.
- If you a finding it hard to sleep, engage in reading before sleeping.
- free your mind