10 Things That Kill More Than Sharks
Feared by surfers and bathers worldwide, sharks are less dangerous than many things.
For you who are afraid of dying from a shark attack, let’s go to other motives that kill more than these animals.
1. Obesity: 300,000 people die each year from diseases caused by being overweight, it has been revealed.
2. Lightning: Lightning kills more than floods. According to the NOAA, 51 people die from electric shocks per year with 240,000 injured.
3. Using mobile in transit: Chatting and using social media on the go kill 6,000 people a year in the world.
4. Hippopotamuses: Extremely territorialist, the hippopotamus kills as much as 2,900 humans in Africa each year.
5. Australian jellyfish: The Australian jellyfish is the most poisonous marine animal in the world. According to reports, this species causes about 100 deaths per year.
6. Crocodile: The most dangerous species are the saltwater and Nile crocodiles. According to surveys, crocodiles kill 800 people a year.
7. Mosquito: Mosquito is the most deadly animal in the world. The chance of dying as a result of plasmodia caused by mosquitoes is much greater than due to a shark attack. According to WHO, mosquito bites lead to 1 million deaths annually around the world.
8. Selfies: According to the Mashable technology site, selfies kill more than sharks. In 2015 the search for incredible photos took the lives of 15 people.
9. Human beings: The number of homicides represents about 10% of the reasons for deaths in the world and in absolute numbers.